About This Product
Super Activated Carbon - for fresh and salt water:
- Manufactured specifically for aquarium use
- Removes dissolved organics, odors, colors, toxins, medications and much more
- Will not raise phosphate levels in the aquarium
- Will not affect pH
- Safe and effective for all types of aquariums, even sensitive reef systems
The highest grade of activated carbon made especially for filtering aquarium water. It has 5 times the absorptive power of standard charcoal. Super Activated Carbon removes dissolved organic waste that stresses tropical fish and discolors aquarium water.
Directions for use in RENA FilStar Filters:
- Remove Super Activated Carbon pouch from plastic bag.
- DO NOT open Super Activated Carbon pouch. One 285 g pouch should be used for every 55 U.S. gallons (208 L) of aquarium water.
- It is important to rinse Super Activated Carbon pouch under tap water to remove any dust. The rinse water does not have to run completely clear.
- Place filter pouch directly in FilStar filtration basket after (above) filter foams.
- Replace pouch every 1 to 3 months, depending on stocking density and water quality.
Use Aquarium Pharmaceuticals Test Kits to monitor water quality weekly. Super Activated Carbon is designed for use with all Filstar filtration media.