About This Product
Common Name: Bucephalandra Velvet
Bucephalandra Velvet is a beautiful farmed variant of Bucephalandra. It features leaves that are light brown-red when younger that change to a deep brownish-green coloration when matured. Buce Velvet is an easy plant that grows quite densely and can also be grown emersed or submerged in an aquarium, terrarium or paludarium. Like all buce species, it's a great choice for beginners due to its ability to adapt to a wide range of water parameters. This plant is a very slow grower and sprouts new leaves from long, thin rhizomes. It can be propagated by cutting the rhizome and attached to driftwood and rocks using super glue gel or thread.
- Bucephalandra is an epiphytic aquarium plant so it can be attached to aquarium hardscape.
- Do not plant Bucephalandra in substrate and cover the rhizome. This will cause it to melt and rot.
- Bucephalandra’s final size, coloration and growth rate are dependent upon the condition of the aquarium Photos are a representation of what you will receive and may vary.
- Do not make drastic changes to the aquarium. Unstable parameters will result in melt and rotting of the aquarium plant.
- CO2 injection will yield better growth.
- Please research appropriately to ensure your plant thrives.
Family Name: Araceae
Endemic To: Borneo
Leaves: 1-3 cm
Light: Low to Medium
Co2: Not necessary but recommended
Propagation: Cut by rhizome
Growth rate: Slow