Maxspect Gyre XF 280 Pump Package
* Max Flow 6000gph | 10-80 watts | 200-1000+ gallons
* Includes Single Gyre XF280 Pump and Advanced Controller
* Applicable for glass or acrylic aquariums up to 1.25 in.
THE NEXT GENERATION OF CROSSFLOW WATER MOVEMENT TECHNOLOGY
* Unique Flow Virtually Eliminates Dead Spots
* Evenly Distributed Linear Flow
* Discrete Design
* Twin Directional Flow Cages
* End Cap to Convert to a single Gyre
* Waterproof Silent Suspension Magnet Mount
* Advanced Controller with Mount
* Requires two Gyre Pumps!
NEXT GENERATION OF WATER MOVING TECHNOLOGY
The Maxspect Gyre is the world's first "gyre"- generating water moving device for aquariums. Compared to traditional powerheads and wavemakers that are based on propeller nozzle flow technology, the Maxspect Gyre is based on advanced crossflow technology which produces massive horizontal water movement leaving little to no deadspots in its wake.
New -Crossflow Technology
* A) Virtually no dead spots
* B) Evenly distributed flow rate throughout the entire aquarium
* C) Water bounces back from the other side to create a full circulation, ie. generating "gyre flows"
Standard Propeller Nozzle Technology
* A) Dead spots with relatively poor water movement
* B) Very strong flow in the center, making coral placement very difficult
* C) Very weak flow near the other end of the aquarium
WHY GYRE GENERATOR AND NOT WAVEMAKER?
Wavemakers excel in making waves, while waves are spectacular to watch in motion, they are in fact moving the majority of the water vertically up and down, with relatively low horizontal movement, especially near the bottom of the aquarium.
On the other hand, gyre generators excel in moving sheer flow of water from one side of the aquarium to the other. The sheer flow of water is so strong that i would bounce back from the opposite site to achieve full circulation within an aquarium, ie. generating "gyre flows".
GYRE XF-280 PUMP SPECIFICATIONS
* Dimensions (LxWxH): 14.8" x3.8" x 2"
* Weight: 1.9lb
* Max Flow Rate: 6000gph
* Power Consumption: 10x-80w
* Ideal for Aquariums: 200-1000 gal
Gyre Pump with Magnet Mount, Advanced Controller with mount, Power Supply, Spare Rotors, Snail Screens and Cages.
Power Supply Unit
* Input Voltage / Current: 115-230vAC 50/60Hz
* Output Voltage / Current:
* Cable Length: 10ft controller to pump), 5ft (power supply to controller)
* Specifications are subject to change without notice. Weight and dimensions are approximate.
* 12 Months Limited Warranty