Shipping Info HOLLIDAY SHIPPING SCHEDULE
SPECIAL SHIPPING SCHEDULE FOR CHRISTMAS & NEW YEARS:
HURRY FOR LIVE PLANTS BEFORE HOLLIDAYS !
Orders placed by Sunday night Dec 16th 11:00 pm EST will ship on Dec 18 19 20.
Our nursery will be closed until the week of Jan. 6th. The normal schedule will then resume.
SHIPPING SCHEDULE (for live plants)
Order deadline is Sunday nights at midnight EST. Orders will ship on Wed,Thurs.
we harvest plants on Mondays & Tuesdays.
we ship plants on Tuesdays/Wednesdays/Thursdays
If your order was placed after midnight EST on Sunday night, it will NOT ship the same week.
GREAT NEWS: We are now shipping live plants to Canada!!! We ship from Florida and "PHYTOSANITARY CERFICATE" (click here) is required.
- All livestock MUST be shipped Next Day Air. If you choose anything less than next day air, your order will automatically be upgraded and the additional cost charged to your account. (If, and only if our shipping dept. notices the incorrect method.) Shipment must be signed for... NOT left outside when delivered. (For a loss claim we need photos within 2 hours of delivery, no exceptions.) If you do not have a livestock box added to your order we will automatically add one to your order.
EQUIPMENT & DRY GOODS:
- We ship equipment orders M-F. All orders shipped via FedEx (except US armed forces). FedEx will not deliver to a PO BOX. You must provide an actual street address for delivery.
- Save shipping costs: Do not order substrate/heavy items and plants together on the same order. Place two separate orders for each as the substrate is too heavy to ship "air" and is next to impossible to package plants and substrate together to arrive without being crushed.
- When you place your order, please do so only after reading all of the information found below. Thank you.
- Tip: If possible, consider shipping your plant order to a business (i.e. where you work). This will save you about $4.00 in shipping charges. The business can receive the shipment indoors instead of being left in the cold or heat at your doorstep. Also you do not have to be there to receive the shipment. If shipment is "left at door", during extreme temps, the plants will not survive. Please ensure that they are shipped to an occupied address that can ensure live delivery. If the shipment is left at the door or not signed for THERE IS NO GUARANTEE if perished/lost/stolen. Please make arrangements accordingly.
- Welcome Armed Force customers! We are now offering USPS Priority & Express Mail for APOs. AE, AA, AP. In order to serve those (you) that serve us, we must send a special truck to the post office, so, we can only ship these shipments out on Mondays. Thank you for your business, and THANK YOU FOR SERVING!
- Our shopping cart system automatically calculates the shipping when you enter your ZIP code & state. You are aware of the shipping charges before you checkout. There are NO packing fees with your order. Your credit card is charged (only once) at the time of ordering on encrypted server.
- We do NOT have access to you credit card information.
- Unlike most on-line companies, we do not attempt to profit from or markup shipping costs to our customers. Every item that we sell has been meticulously weighed so the shipping charges are as accurate as humanly possible.
- With larger orders, we strongly recommend overnight shipping. It's only a few dollars more and well worth the peace of mind knowing that your plants are GUARANTEED to arrive in perfect condition.
We ABSOLUTELY will not ship live items (or perishable items) via ground, unless you reside in zone 1 or 2
- For equipment, the customer needs to check with their local authorities about import duties or tariffs.
- For live plants, the customer needs to check with their local government authorities and ascertain what requirements are necessary for shipping live plants to their respective countries. In some cases, Phytosanitary Certificates are required. These cost $150 dollars and must be ordered at the time of placing the order with us.
- If a customer chooses to place an order without a Phytosanitary Certificate, there is a risk that shipment will not be allowed to enter the respective country, and or the shipment could be seized and destroyed. If this situation occurs, the loss of the plant shipment will be incurred by the customer. (Please understand that different countries have different regulations and requirements for importing live plants. You must contact the proper regulatory agency before ordering.)
Cancellation and Refund Policy:
- Equipment orders canceled or returned will incur a 20% restocking fee + "actual" shipping charges both ways. NOTE: No returns accepted for electrical items.
o No exceptions
o No returns allowed without RMA
- Live plant orders can not be cancelled or delayed if the plants have already been harvested.
o No exceptions
- This includes our "Custom Aqua-Scape" service. After we have done the work to design an aqua-scape, cancellations are NOT accepted. At the point of the completion of the service, we often have several hours of time spent.
o No exceptions
- Refunds are never given on shipping charges.
- Shipping charges are computed "real time". If a problem occurs and the system cannot communicate with the UPS server, the estimated rates could be inaccurate.
Refused Shipment Policy:
- Any order refused at the time of delivery will result in NO refunds or credits
- All items that carry a manufactures warranty must be handled through the manufacturer.
- If we are short on a plant item, we reserve the option to substitute. We will do our very best to give a substitute that is satisfactory and we always give some free extra plants with any substitution. We have a 99.71% fill rate.
- If we are short several items at the time of shipping, we will contact you to approve the substitutions BEFORE we ship your order.
- We must be notified by within 2 hours of delivery and a photo of damaged items emailed within 2 hours. Please unpack your order and lay it out. Take good photos so we can match the items up to your order.
- Live plant orders must be signed for when delivered. Perishable items left outside in hot/cold weather are not covered.
- By placing an order, you, the customer, agree to all these terms and conditions.
- When you place your order, please do so only after reading all of the above info. Thank you.