About This Product
- Reef Octopus 6â€³ Recirculating Skimmer
- Dimensions: 12â€³ x 7.75â€³ x 24â€³
- Rated up to 180 gallons.
- Powered by 1 OTP 2000 pump at 500 gph
- High performance venturi air injection system
- Modified cone neck design designed for easy transition of micro bubbles into cup
- Requires a feed pump or plumbed from an overflow to inject water into skimmer
- Can be in sump or external
- 1 year warranty on skimmer and pump
The Reef Octopus skimmers are powered by the Hailea OTP pumps. They are built with high quality acrylic. The skimmer has a wedge pipe output which allows for more adjustment of the skimmer compared to ball valves. The collection cup has a quick release neck for easy removal for cleaning. It requires 1/2 inch of clearance to remove the cup. The Octopus skimmers uses metric plumbing parts. The pump has an improved venturi design and pinwheel impeller. The DNWB skimmer requires a feed pump to feed water to the skimmer. The recommended maximum flow rating for this skimmer is 400gph. These numbers are based on zero back pressure on the output plumbing. If you add 90 degree bends on the plumbing back to a sump you may need to back off the amount of water being feed through the skimmer. We recommend that you use a ball valve inline from your feed pump to the skimmer allowing you to control the water flow.