About This Product
Water Hyacinth,also known as Blue Shell Flower, is easily the most popular and universally used floating water garden plant around. An attractive plant with dark green shiny leaves on swollen, sponge like stems. They serve as natural biofilters to your pond, helping clarify the water naturally. They control alga by absorbing nutrients with their long bushy roots which also provide a nice hiding place for small fish. They shoot off runners for new plants and reproduce fast. Keep confined to water gardens or tubs and do not release into waterways.
Shipped around 3" - 6" wide
- Full sun to partial shade
- hardiness zones 9 to 11
- purple flowers bloom short during summer
- maintenance - For best results, prune leaves if they turn yellow or brown, remove them completely, discarding them to keep as much excess organic material out of water.
- winter care, In zones 8 and lower discard after the first hard freeze.
- Size - Can reach heights of almost 24"
- Floating plant with long bushy roots
Price reflects 3 plants.
Can NOT ship to AL, AR,AZ,CA,FL,LA,FL,PR,MS,NE,SC,TX,WI or CANADA